Fawning over Fuji
The Fuji apple is one of the most popular exotic fruits in the country. This variety of apples lends a well-rounded package of crunch, sweetness, flavour and health benefits. Make sure to include this fruit in your diet as they are rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Fuji Apple
Consuming Fuji apples reduces the growth of bacteria in our mouth and also prevents tooth decay. When you bite into a Fuji apple, saliva production is stimulated and as a result, it helps whiten our teeth as well.
Another plus point of eating Fuji apples is that it slows down aging and keeps conditions like Alzheimer’s away by increasing the acetylcholine levels.
Supply Chain of Fuji Apple
The Fuji apple is a crossbreed cultivated with two types of American apples – the Red Delicious and Old Virginia Ralls Janet. It originated in Japan in the late 1930s, introduced by breeders at the Tohoku Research Station in Fujisaki, Aomori, Japan. It was named after the Japanese town of Fujisaki.
This fresh and sweet-tasting apple is one of 15 variants that are popular in the US and Indonesia.
The high sugar content with a slight tartness makes the Fuji apple perfect for desserts and breakfasts. Check out some easy recipes here.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Fuji apple
- 1 teaspoon of cake or pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon walnuts or pecan for garnish
- Take the apples, remove the core, and cut them into small pieces.
- Combine sugar and water in a pan and boil it for 5 minutes. Add the cut fruit and cook the mixture until the apples are softened.
- Mix sugar, cream, and the pancake or cake mix in a bowl. Place the dough into a baking pan, and put the soft apple mixture on top of the dough. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder. Cut small pieces of butter and place them on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Once done, let the dish cool. Enjoy it with a scoop of ice cream!
Do you wish to lay your hands on premium quality Fuji apples? If yes, then L’exotique is the brand for you. Here’s why L’exotique is the best.
- Premium quality: L’exotique provides premium quality, imported, hand-picked fruits which are sourced directly from the finest orchards across the globe.
- Excellent supply chain management: We are one of the top importers in India, sourcing fruits from 5 continents and 10 countries spanning both hemispheres, and supplying to 50 cities across India.
- Customer satisfaction: Customers are our top priority, and we believe in giving the best to our customers to keep them happy.
When you buy fruits from L’exotique, we guarantee quality, hygiene, and freshness. Our quality-assured farm-fresh exotic fruits go through in-depth standardized checks before they reach you. Our brand is built on quality and trust.
- Are Fuji apples healthy?
Yes, Fuji apples are healthy and contain a slew of nutrients, including fiber, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, riboflavin, and antioxidants. They give you the right dose of vitamin C, which is known for curbing medical illnesses such as diabetes and cancer. The vitamin C content in Fuji apples is poised to encourage muscle and intestinal health. Fuji apples have the highest overall concentration of bioflavonoids compared to other types of apples. This helps maintain heart and colon health along with weight management.
- Why are Fuji apples so good?
What makes Fuji Apples a go-to is its firm exterior, crisp skin and juicy texture. They have gorgeous red color, making them excellent for your fruit platters. Fuji apples are also excellent for baking, salads, smoothies, desserts, and even savory dishes. They hold their shape when cooked; these apples do not become soft or mushy like the other variants.
- What apple is the healthiest?
According to research, the Red Delicious is the healthiest variant of apples. However, Fuji apples are not too far behind, given their fourth standing among the numerous variants. The standout aspect of Fuji Apples is their high polyphenol content which can help improve insulin resistance and help enhance heart and liver health.
- What’s the best apple to eat raw?
Fuji Apples are renowned for their taste in the raw form. Some other popular variants are SweeTango, Honeycrisp, and Pink Lady.