a gem among fruits
Avocados have gained immense popularity in recent times around the world. Known to be weight loss-friendly, these superfoods bring down cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Nutritionists and dieticians highly recommend avocados in our daily diets owing to their nutritional value. They are loaded with vitamins B, K, E, and A.
Sourcing of avocados
Mexico is the leading producer of avocados in the world. Avocados are native to Central and South American countries such as Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Peru. Grown in tropical or semi-tropical regions with some rainfall, these superfoods are harvested between September through January.
In India, avocados were introduced in the early 20th century through Sri Lanka. It has since been grown on a limited scale in a few parts of Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, and in the eastern state of Sikkim. India is all set to import Tanzanian avocados, making it the first cultivars that the country will be sourcing from the east African nation.
Make these simple and lip-smacking avocado dishes in your own home.
- 3 avocados
- Salt, oregano, black pepper as per taste
- 1 teaspoon of assorted seeds like sunflower seeds and chia seeds
- Scoop out the creamy portion of the three avocado fruits and mash it thoroughly using the back of a spoon.
- Add the seasoning – salt, oregano, and black pepper to season the mash.
- Add the sunflower and chia seeds to the mash for some extra crunch and flavor.
- Some lemon zest will help in cutting down the bitterness of the fruit.
- 2 avocados finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Add the finely chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions to the avocados in a bowl and mix them well.
- Season with mayonnaise, and add the chia seeds to add some crunch to this mix. Your salad is ready!
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 slice bread
- Mash the avocado into a smooth paste.
- Season it with the lemon zest and spread it on freshly toasted bread.
- Your easy, fast, and delicious breakfast is ready in a jiffy!
Do you wish to lay your hands on premium quality avocado? If yes, then L’exotique is the brand for you. Here’s why L’exotique is the best.
- Premium quality: L’exotique provides premium quality, imported, hand-picked fruits which are sourced directly from the finest orchards across the globe.
- Excellent supply chain management: We are one of the top importers in India, sourcing fruits from 5 continents and 10 countries spanning both hemispheres, and supplying to 50 cities across India.
- Customer satisfaction: Customers are our top priority, and we believe in giving the best to our customers to keep them happy.
When you buy fruits from L’exotique, we guarantee quality, hygiene, and freshness. Our quality-assured farm-fresh exotic fruits go through in-depth standardized checks before they reach you. Our brand is built on quality and trust.
- How to eat an avocado?
The best way to eat an avocado is by scooping the creamy part of the fruit, and seasoning it with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Is avocado good for diabetes?
Research has revealed that avocado helps in managing the blood sugar levels of the body. Besides, it helps in improving your vision, prevents osteoporosis, improves digestion, and is considered healthy for your heart.
- Is avocado good for pregnancy?
Avocado is rich in vitamins B, K, E, and A and is highly recommended for expecting mothers. Vitamin A helps in the development of your baby’s eyes and other vital organs. Vitamin E helps in maintaining the body’s cells. Vitamin K helps in developing the proteins in our body that help in preventing severe blood loss during delivery. Vitamin B helps aid in the healthy heart development of the baby.
- How many varieties of avocados are there?
There are around 15 varieties of avocado. They are mainly categorized as A-type or B-type cultivars as per their pollination and flowering behaviors. The most popular among these are Bacon avocado, Hass avocado, Ettinger avocado, and Mexicola avocado. There are many hybrid types of avocados. However, most of the avocados can be traced to either Guatemalan, Mexican, or West Indian origin.
- What is the taste of avocado?
A raw avocado has a firm texture and is bitter to taste. However, a ripe avocado has a buttery and silky texture and is sweet to taste.
- Is avocado good for weight loss?
Avocado is rich in proteins which means it is low on calories and lends a full feeling once consumed, making it an ideal pick for weight watchers.
- How many calories are in an avocado?
There are 322 calories in a large, approximately 200 grams avocado. As it is rich in fats (approximately 22 gms), one must consume only half an avocado. Having more than the recommended portion can lead to weight gain.
- Is butter fruit and avocado the same?
Yes, butter fruit and avocado are the same. Avocado got its name as butter fruit because its texture is buttery. Mashed avocado is also used as a spread.
- How to check if an avocado is ripe?
A ripe avocado will have dark skin. When gentle pressure is applied, the flesh of the ripe fruit is gentle to the touch and not firm. You can consume avocado raw, however, it will be bitter in taste. It is recommended to consume ripe avocado as it tastes sweet and better.
- Is avocado good for health?
Yes, avocados come with many nutrients and are good for our health. Avocados are packed with vitamins vital to our body.
- Where are avocados grown?
Avocado is a tropical plant grown in tropical regions. Mexico is the highest producer of this super fruit. Mexico produced nearly 964,000 metric tons which are valued at over USD 2.4 billion exported to the United States in marketing 2019-20 (July-June).