A wee bit of Kiwi
The kiwifruit is perfect for weight watchers who want to keep count of their calorie intake. Aside from essential nutrients such as vitamin C and amino acids, kiwi has digestive enzymes that help in reducing the accumulation of fat.
The kiwifruit generally comes in three types — the grocery store kind also called Actinidia Deliciosa, the hardy one known as Actinidia Arguta, and super-hardy fruit or Actinidia kolomikta. However, there are nearly 50 varieties of kiwis grown across the world.
China is the leading producer of kiwifruits, with an output of 1,765,847 metric tons per year, followed by Italy, which produces around 447,560 metric tons.
Kiwifruit is harvested during the months of September and October. Each fruit is packed carefully and sold between November and April. Advanced preservation methods, however, have made sure that the kiwifruit is available year-round.
Here are some refreshing kiwi recipes that you can relish:
- 500 gms sugar
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 2 large peeled kiwis
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Cut the peeled fruit, and combine it with sugar, lime juice, tequila and ice cubes in a pitcher.
- Stir or shake the glass well to mix the ingredients together.
- Serve it in a tall glass with a slice of kiwi on the rim of the glass.
- You can skip the tequila if you do not wish to consume alcohol. Add soda or water to convert it into a mocktail.
Do you wish to lay your hands on premium quality kiwifruits? If yes, then L’exotique is the brand for you. Here’s why L’exotique is the best.
- Premium quality: L’exotique provides premium quality, imported, hand-picked fruits which are sourced directly from the finest orchards across the globe.
- Excellent supply chain management: We are one of the top importers in India, sourcing fruits from 5 continents and 10 countries spanning both hemispheres, and supplying to 50 cities across India.
- Customer satisfaction: Customers are our top priority, and we believe in giving the best to our customers to keep them happy.
When you buy fruits from L’exotique, we guarantee quality, hygiene and freshness. Our quality-assured farm-fresh exotic fruits go through in-depth standardised checks before they reach you. Our brand is built on quality and trust.
- Why is kiwi a superfood?
Kiwi has an abundance of essential vitamins and minerals. It helps promote weight loss and aids digestion.
- Why do kiwis help you sleep?
Kiwis are rich in serotonin and antioxidants, which help in sleeping better.
- Are kiwis for everyone?
Kiwis are generally beneficial for everyone. However, if you have an allergy to the fruit, then it’s best to avoid it as you may experience breathing issues, gastric problems, rashes, and other related problems. Consult your doctor before you consume the fruit.